- The Producer Appreciation Meal is tonight, Thursday January the 21st at the KC Hall in West starting at 6pm. We appreciate your attendance as we recognize our sponsors, producers involved in result demonstrations, and others. A steak dinner cooked by Jerry Gerik will be served at 6:45pm.
- 2015 Result Demonstration Handbooks (as well as handbooks from previous years) are available by request at the Hill Co. extension office.
- The Texas Corn Producers Board are holding elections for 2016. Ballots must be sent in by mail are are available at county extension offices as well as local grain elevators. More information on the elections can be found on their webpage.
- Texas Corn Producers published an article on Jan. 19th on current fertilizer prices.
- At the BIG Conference on Jan. 7th, Dr. Paul Baumann (a weed scientist from A&M) presented information on the timing of weed control. It is a webinar that offers CEU credits.
Jan 21, 2016
Because we have started the blog in late January, we thought we would make the first post a compiled list of notes, news, articles, and information you might find interesting or helpful. Feel free to leave comments or send us an e-mail if you have other news sources or would like to see more on a particular subject.
Posted by Alexandra Morris